Presbyterian Women is dedicated to building an inclusive, caring community for all women of Second Church. We have a long and rich history of mission outreach, community involvement and regular Bible study. Our goals are:
- To involve women in the activities, work and worship of the congregation;
- To provide education in the Christian faith and to provide a place for discussion of that faith;
- To challenge women to identify their talents and to help them realize the joy of using these gifts in God’s service;
- To help overcome loneliness, especially among those women who are unable to participate in church activities; and
- To endeavor to make our community a better place for all.
The Presbyterian Women meet in Circles for fellowship and Bible study on the second Tuesday of each month from September through May. We meet at different times and places to give everyone a chance to be involved. PW circles work in mission projects (both for local and overseas causes), provide outreach and caring to the women of our church who are homebound or in nursing homes.We also gather together for special events and have a retreat every fall.
Details about our next circle meetings and current mission projects can be found in this month’s newsletter.