COVID-19 Emergency Mission Fund
Our church is committed to providing essential resources during the international crisis caused by the COVID-19 Coronavirus. We are coordinating with our mission partners, local agencies, and other churches in the city to assess and address emerging needs.
As a member of Second Presbyterian, you may be wondering how you can help during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support those most vulnerable in our faith communities today by donating to our COVID-19 Emergency Mission Fund.
Here is a list of the mission partners most in need at this time:
- United Crescent Hill Ministries
- Kentucky Refugee Ministries, Inc.
- The Cabbage Patch
Cabbage Patch Most Needed Items
Please call Eli at 502-653-9850 to make arrangements to donate items. Leave a number where you can be reached and a description of the items you would like to donate. Food/household item donations can be dropped off in a separate area outside Family Development by appointment on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Our goal is to keep staff, donors and clients healthy and have developed a contact free process. Donors drop off items to the Family Development Office (1415 South Sixth Street) and leave in an entryway just outside their entrance. The Cabbage Patch staff members wear masks in all common areas, and gloves are worn when handling donations. Items dropped off will be wiped down and set aside for 24 hours before being added to the stock in the food pantry. Family Development staff members are making appointments with families to pick up bagged items in the area outside the Family Development office.
Want an easier way to support Patch families? Simply shop our Amazon Wish List and have supplies delivered straight to our door, or you can make a financial donation.
- Bar soap (Dove, Dial, any type of moisturizing soap – Dove is the favorite)
- Cleaning supplies/household cleaners (any type)
- Deodorant (women & men’s)
- Dishwashing liquid
- Spaghetti sauce
- Spaghetti noodles
- Can fruit (peaches, pears, fruit cocktail)
- Can vegetables (corn, green beans, & mix vegetables)
- Laundry detergent – we especially have a need for “Free and Clear” type detergents
- Toilet Paper
- Toothpaste & toothbrushes
Below are other Food Pantry Needs – Not Available to The Patch Through Dare to Care
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, ham)
- Hamburger Helper-type mix
- Macaroni and cheese (deluxe version which does not require milk or butter)
- Snacks (popcorn, crackers, etc.)
- Kilgore Counseling Center
- Cedar Ridge Camp
- The Healing Place
- Colectivo Esperanza
- Programa Velasco
The needs of our mission partners will continue to grow as the Coronavirus pandemic endures. Second Presbyterian is positioned to assess these needs and meet them over the next few months. But we can’t do it alone. In these exceptional and desperate times, your support is needed. Donate today.
100% of the funds raised through this effort will go directly to pay for needs created by the COVID-19 pandemic.