Second Presbyterian Church welcomes and supports families with young children. In order to facilitate the participation of parents in church activities, the Childcare Coordinator will arrange for childcare in accordance with the guidelines outlined below. Our mission is to create a safe, nurturing, welcoming and engaging environment for children while their parents or guardians are participating in worship, education or events.
Statement of Accountability: The Childcare Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Children’s Ministries and the Associate Pastor of Community Life.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with other staff, parents and families
- Schedule caregivers on a monthly basis in accordance with church requests
- Check in Weekly with the Faith Formation Assistant to see if childcare has been requested for any additional events.
- Maintain a list of approved caregivers
- Arrange for substitute care in the event a caregiver is unable to work
- Maintain the shared physical space in collaboration with the Infant Toddler Program and Weekday School specifications.
- Support and guide other caregivers in the performance of their duties and report any concerns to the director of Children’s Ministries.
- Maintain attendance records and employment records(childcare schedule & timesheets) for all childcare.
- At the end of each pay period, collect, verify and submit completed timesheets to the bookkeeper.
- Support and comply with our church’s policies and procedures(currently being revised)
- Other responsibilities as assigned and agreed to with supervisor.
Hours: The Childcare Coordinator is a part-time position which can be fulfilled from home as well as in the church office. They will work approximately 10 hours weekly with the exception of Vacation Bible School week in which additional hours may be needed. They must be on site Sunday mornings 8am-12pm, Wednesday evenings 5:00-7:00pm, and every other month on the 3rd Saturday 4:30-9:00 pm.
Skills needed: Love of children and their families. Organization. Reliability. Professional and timely email and phone communication. Familiarity and comfortability working in a Christian Environment. Knowledge of child development and common operating procedures in childcare settings. Clear background check in compliance with church Child Protection Policy. CPR & First Aid Certification desired but not required.
Compensation: The Childcare coordinator will be paid $20 per hour.
If you are interested, please contact: Lorie Williamson at email@example.com