Welcome to 2PY!
Second Presbyterian Church Youth Ministry exists to create an environment of love and acceptance where youth (Grades 6-12) learn, worship, fellowship, and serve together, and a spiritual foundation is developed that will inspire them to lead a life- long commitment with Christ.
- We create opportunities to know Christ and follow His example of love, humility, acceptance and compassion.
- We create a fun, engaging community where youth experience joy through Christ-centered relationships and service to others.
- We create consistent, reliable, stable programming that honors our tradition and develops lasting relationships.
Sunday mornings at 9:17am come for breakfast followed by games, fellowship and then age appropriate classes for youth and parents.
On the 3rd Sunday of the month, 2PY travels to the Bellewood campus of Uspiritus, an organization that works with abused and neglected KY youth, to play games and love the youth, from 4:30 – 6:30pm.
HS Girls’ Bible Study
Every other Wednesday, during the schoolyear, HS Girls gather to read the Bible and learn what it means to follow Jesus together.
Youth Choir meets on Sundays after church from 12:15 - 1:00pm (with a light lunch) in the choir room. For more information click here.
2PY has both a high school and middle school basketball team in the youth league at Beargrass Christian Church. Practices will begin in November or December with the games on Saturday afternoons in January. The season ends with a tournament in early March.
7:00 - 9:00pm
Every Tuesday from November-March the gym is open to all youth.
You are invited to come to the Great Hall to hang out, shoot hoops, and play some games. There will also be a time of prayer and devotion. It’s a great way to get some exercise while drawing closer God all and the youth of 2PY. Keep an eye on the calendar for the ultimate Reunion Open Gym, and any holiday cancellations.
Stay up-to-date on the latest news, details, and up- to-the-minute changes via “Remind” a safe, secure, and fast texting tool. Text @2PY to 81010 to join
Each week we’ll send out an email via Constant Contact with announcements, registration information, news, and more. Check your inbox each Friday.
All 2PY participants need to complete a covenant and medical release form only once during the year. You will have an opportunity to fill out the forms during Kick-Off each year.
Our confirmation program is an opportunity for youth to confirm the baptismal vows of the Church. All 8th graders are invited to join the confirmation program that meets weekly during the Sunday School hour. There will be a “parallel” Confirmation Class for the parents of Confirmands.
Trips and Retreats
- Youth Worship @ Nutt Farm, to kick of the new school year.
- 2PY Summer Mission Trip
- Fall Retreat – late September or early October annually
- Winter Retreat (Ski Trip) – annually over Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend
- Montreat Youth Conference – June 10-16, 2018
- Fall Retreat – annually in September
- Believe Conference – annually
- Middle School Montreat – July 18-22, 2018